APL NASA Intern Program
Students participating in the 2016 APL NASA Intern Program will work at the APL facility in Laurel, Maryland, and will contribute to NASA missions and space-related research work. Students selected for this program will receive a stipend ($4,500 for undergrads, $5,500 for graduates, and $6,500 for Ph.D. students) for the 10-week program, and housing will be provided at the University of Maryland. Talks by key mission engineers and scientists, along with tours of APL, will be provided throughout the summer. Interested intern candidates must be U.S. citizens, be in high academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher) and have successfully passed a background check (criminal, social security, and driving record).
- U.S. citizenship
- Rising sophomores through Ph.D. students as of fall 2016
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
2016 APL NASA Intern Program Schedule
- Application Process Begins: December 1, 2015
- Application Review: January–March 2016
- Application Deadline: March 25, 2016
- Offers to Successful Candidates: February–April 2016
- The APL NASA Intern Program runs for 10 weeks, from June 6 to August 12, 2016.
- Housing is provided at no additional cost at the University of Maryland (move in on May 31; move out on August 13).
- Standard weekday work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday.
- APL will be closed on Monday, July 4, 2016, in observance of Independence Day.
To apply, click here.
Learn more about APL’s Civil Space work